What if I don’t qualify for OLS?
If you fall below our sliding scale
ULS provides free legal aid to those who qualify in a variety of practice areas, like family law, housing, and public benefits. ULS handles cases statewide – including rural areas such as Vernal, Price, and Richfield.
Legal Aid Society provides free or low-cost legal services to victims of domestic violence or those with family law cases in Salt Lake County only
The Disability Law Center advocates for the legal and human rights of people with disabilities in Utah
The Utah State Courts website has extensive information on everything from free legal clinics to lists of non-profits and agencies that might be able to help
The law school at the University of Utah offers a variety of free legal clinics, covering areas such as: Debter’s Counseling, Expungement, Family Law, Medical, LGBT, and Street Law
The Utah State Courts provides this list of statewide resources.
If your case is not family law or criminal law, and your income is too high for free help
- The Utah State Bar provides a powerful search tool for finding attorneys to help you
- Modest Means Lawyer Referral Program from the Utah State Bar
- Nonprofit Legal Services of Utah, Inc. is a nonprofit law firm that offers services to both individuals and other nonprofits on a sliding scale
- The Ishola Law Group handles immigration law
- Immigrant Legal Services is a nonprofit law firm that handles immigration law
- Atticus Legal Group handles family law and personal injury
- Robinson Seiler & Anderson handles business law
- Jennifer Bogart handles employment law
- Smart, Schofield, Shorter, & Lunceford handles unemployment law and worker’s compensation
- JLJ Law Group handles immigration and bankruptcy
- Nate Whitaker at the Franchise Business Law Group handles business, employment, contracts, and bankruptcy
- The Bankruptcy Firm handles bankruptcies in the Ogden area
- The Stephenson Law Firm handles debt collection abuse, identity theft protection, and credit repair. They provide guides for understanding your credit score and freezing your credit reports