Open Legal Services is leading a revolution in the legal industry. We bridge the justice gap by providing affordable legal services to low and moderate income people. We also mentor others to fulfill this need, start careers for new attorneys, and work to spread the revolution across the country.
- Open Legal Services is an actual firm. You will meet your attorney. You will talk to your attorney. You will NOT fill out paperwork and then wait two months before you know whether you HAVE an attorney.
- Our attorneys are here because they are passionate, fearless, and determined.
- The average divorce attorney in Salt Lake County charges between $175 and $230 per hour. The average criminal defense attorney charges a flat fee of more than $1,000 for a misdemeanor. Felonies can cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- A single individual with one child making $20,000 a year (equivalent to $10 per hour full time) would not qualify for help from Utah Legal Services, but would qualify for a rate of $75 per hour.
- A family of four earning $47,500 a year would pay $75 per hour. That same family earning $60,000 would pay $115 per hour.
- We do not provide lesser service, or cut corners. We do away with luxuries, and just provide what clients need: solid legal representation.
Open Legal Services – Justice for the rest of us. Help us spread the revolution.