If you are a client and want to make a payment to your trust account, please visit our payments page
Why donate to Open Legal Services?
Our business is structured so that we can meet all of our operational needs from client fees. However, the market for affordable legal services is huge, and like any business, we require up front capital in order to grow and better reach this market. Thus your donation will be leveraged to sustainably serve the legal needs of even more people.
What will donations be used for?
- $40 will pay for a surplus laser printer for printing documents
- $80 will pay for a new toner cartridge for our used printers (yes, our printers are worth less than their toner!)
- $100 will pay for a computer workstation and desk from University Surplus
- $300 will pay for an attorney’s bar dues for a whole year
- $500 will pay for the first month’s rent for an additional office space
Are donations to Open Legal Services tax deductible?
Yes. We received our 501(c)(3) non-profit status in July 2014. We are also eligible for a bequest from your estate plan.
You can also recommend a grant to us from you donor advised fund through DAF Direct:
Can I help Open Legal Services financially without it costing me money?
Yes! If you shop at Amazon.com, you can sign up for the Amazon Smile program and 0.5% of what you spend on eligible purchases will be donated to Open Legal Services, at no extra cost to you!